Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I resolve to make more reindeer cupcakes…and eat them!


This time of year New Year’s Resolutions make huge headlines. I know, I’ve been ignoring them for years. Which is surprising, considering my great love of lists – all kinds of lists.

Okay, I admit that I’ve made some effort to jot down a few goals every year, but it usually isn’t good when I’m still coming down from my annual Holiday Season Sugar Rush. I’m in no mood to restrict my self or my diet when I already have to deal with the sudden departure of decadent reindeer cupcakes and sugar cookies.

I am in a new state of mind there is no doubt. Sure, I want to publish a New York Times Bestseller, but realize it may take more time and work. And I will not kid myself that I can have a bikini body in three months, or even three years. No, this year is different. This year, for the first of as many as I can remember, I am ready to put away the lights, the trees and shed our family room of all the pine needles that are sure to fall when we remove the swags from our mantle.

This is big news, people! I am a holiday freak and am usually fighting to deck the halls early and keep things up at least until the bowl games are over. So why am I so eager to move on this year? There are several reasons, really – and perhaps some resolutions.

The first is I want to enjoy winter. What? Is she losing it? Yup! (That’s yes to enjoying winter. I will not admit to losing it, yet.) My 3yo is a fan of Frosty and it just seems like the right time to move on from the guy in the bright red suit to the one with the old silk hat. Building snowmen, sledding and searching for tracks in the snow with my kid is fun, and I want to do more of this (resolution alert) with my daughter before our second one comes along. Just for fun, I thought we’d get bundled up and attempt to make a snowman, woman or family with rounder middles than me.

The second is we are approaching our due date and we’ve got to get things in order around here (another resolution)! My belly may be about to pop, but I am not getting caught without a well-stocked changing table and pantry before this kid makes an appearance. We may have to add coffee and liquor to the list for dad, but we’re going to have things ready soon!

The third reason I am ready to move on from the holidays is that I want to enjoy the year. All of it. I want to take in every crazy blustery/rainy/steamy day from now until the next Holiday Season. Because that’s when I resolve to make even more adorable reindeer cupcakes with my husband and kids, and eat them up without worrying about fitness resolutions or reducing our family’s chocolate consumption.

And there you have it, enjoy, eat more cupcakes and worry less. I guess I did have some resolutions to share.

Happy New Year! Make it Great!

Here's a photo of the reindeer cupcakes we made from Family Fun magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Most adorable cupcakes EVER! I'm thinking maybe a swap of popcorn for a couple of cupcakes. I'm a great believer in the barter system.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...