Whether your kids have been in school for a week or are about to go back, here are some helpful tips for heading back to school.
No matter how busy it gets, have your camera handy the first week of school for capturing a few memorable moments. Here are some tips:
- Charge the camera or phone the night before.
- Take a snapshot the first morning before they leave. With a sign or backpack, or without. Try to get a photo in the same place year after year to measure their growth.
- First afternoon at pick-up or when your child arrives home, if you didn’t manage to get an early morning pic.
- In the classroom during an open house. Remember to ask the school first, be as unobtrusive as possible, and don’t take photos of the other kids without their parent’s permission.
- Take a photo during the first week while your kid is working on homework or reading a book.
- Outside, anytime. Late summer and early fall provides a colorful backdrop for outdoor photos, and your little ones get to unleash some energy while you try to get a great action shot.
Here’s a link to a fun DIY photo frame kit.
Check out this Back-to-school Survival Guide for tips on how to get in good with the teacher and how to start the morning off right.
Design a Kid Friendly Workspace for Homework Assignments.
Find back to school food ideas on Pinterest.