Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Back to Reality

I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother’s Day spa package - absolutely R-E-J-U-V-E-N-A-T-I-N-G. A full day of soothing, relaxing, massaging and polishing with no responsibilities except to make sure I didn’t flash anyone as I moved from the facial area to the massage area.

I had several hours of serenity. The only problem - transitioning back to reality. My husband worked hard and kept everything in order while I was gone, the kids were happy and fed, that alone is worth a medal. He also had the kitchen cleared and laundry going. Man, I’m a lucky woman.

Since we had company coming the same night, we worked side-by-side to get everything finished. It was a bit harried, but I didn’t complain because I had a new attitude. Being pampered is a powerful thing.

All that evening, I felt the effects of total relaxation and hydration. But even Cinderella only had until midnight to enjoy the ball.

By morning, the diapers, the dishes, the cleaning, and the work all hit. It took only one day for me to chip my nail polish and realize hoisting kids around meant my shoulders and back would soon tense up again. But, armed with my new attitude, I feel good. I'm still rockin’ most of My Address is Hollywood polish and feel relatively smooth and calm.

Maybe in a week the calm will be replaced by stress, but I'll just make an appointment and go back, in my spare time. (I'll find time.) What do you need to find time for in your life? Make a list and get going. Then schedule a massage, you won't regret it! 


My Address is Hollywood by OPI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...