Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Music you should hear

I admit it. I'm a fan of Nashville on ABC. If I started out unsure before the first episode, I was convinced when I heard the music. By the end of the pilot, a smoldering number sung by Sam Palladio and Clare Bowen, "If I Didn't Know Better" hooked me. It got even better when they sang "Fade Into You" this week. The young characters have an attraction that jumps off the screen every time they sing. I've downloaded the songs and can't wait to hear what comes next. Not sure how the numbers will play out, so tune in if you can, check out episodes on ABC here and listen to the tunes. There's real depth to some of the songs — sample a bit of old country angst with lyrics like "Til there's no way to know where you end and where I begin." 

The series was created by Callie Khouri, who won an Academy Award for Thelma & Louise. The music comes from some amazing singers and songwriters. On October 2, 2012, it was announced that Big Machine Records will release all covers and original songs from the series. Some of the original songs will be written by John Paul White of The Civil WarsHillary Lindsey, and Elvis Costello. (Wiki and The Hollywood Reporter) The HW story has more details here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...