Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy (after) Thanksgiving


It’s always a good time to give thanks.

I am so thankful for the love and laughter of family and friends. My daughter had me in tears during a recent family visit. She became upset as we left and told us, “I want to visit more family’s houses. I want to see more people we love who love us.” She just melts my heart.

If it hadn’t been for the painfully long car ride, and a potty-chair incident in the minivan, we might have been a little more gung-ho. But, instead we enjoyed the remainder of our trip and prayed that it wouldn’t take three hours to cross the city on the way home. (It worked, thank you traffic gods!) We learned that the effort it took to get there, and for our family to prepare our welcome was all worth it. Now, we just have to rest up a few months before any of us will even think about attempting it again. Then, kind of like pregnancy brain, you forget how hard the labor was, remember the end result is worth it, and do it all over again.
Thanks for a peaceful, wonderful, safe holiday!

Since we’re only a few short months from the welcome arrival of kid #2, my growing appetite also extends a thankful gurgle for the season’s delicious and indulgent foods. Here’s to a pie I didn’t try (yet), but it’s only because I just found this recipe – Toffee Topped Pumpkin Pie. Enjoy! http://www.goodbite.com/ultimate-thanksgiving/toffee-topped-pumpkin-pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...