Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Success or Mess: Next up…Franken-soup.

We had an eventful Halloween week, mostly due to all the housework we’re finishing. As we inch ever closer to the project finish line I’ve got more soup to make and this one should be fun.

Really, there are so many projects I’m not sure there is a finish line, but we’ll call time before Thanksgiving. There’s only so much we can take before we need a break. So, we have piles of laundry, dishes and more painting, but we’re working as fast as we can. Even with all this work, it’s nice to change gears and work on things like the Success or Mess series – I admit it does create more dishes, but it’s nice to create delicious meals and share them with others.

Tonight I will attempt a new recipe that my friend and I found through Williams-Sonoma. The fun of it is I have no immersion blender, and you need one, and the photo on the recipe card looks like unnaturally green – maybe I can convince my kid to try it if I tell her it’s some kind of goofy monster soup. I mean Halloween was just yesterday and she’s been talking about it most of today. We’ll see. Check back later to find out if the Franken-soup is a Success or if my kitchen turns into a green slimy mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...