Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Make Writing a Habit


All this talk of the possible beginning of the end has really got me thinking. Not only about what food I would eat as discussed in this post, but also about the people and things I love. This includes writing. I truly enjoy writing. Okay, I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it's hard, a labor of love, but it's a lot like exercise and garden prep, the work pays off. 

I read a post by Allison Winn Scotch about the importance of writing each day. And I agree that writing can be easy to start and hard to continue once a project's interrupted. There are a number of reasons that get in the way: too busy, too tired, kids need baths, dishes or laundry need cleaned, sleep would be nice, but it’s important for writers to make time. Even if it’s for twenty minutes a day as Allison mentions, I’ll keep writing and make a habit.

It’s time for me to take all this advice and apply it. If you’re not a writer, make time and do what you enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...