Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunny funnies - Jokes and pick-you-ups

It's been a hectic week. And it's only Tuesday - sheesh! 

In a week that feels like the news has been super negative - let's just say I hope we can get a royal birth report to counteract the sad state of humanity with reports of secession and protests. I do think we live in a great county, where we can share our opinions, our hopes and our dreams with others. And I do think we are tested, time and again, to stand up for the little guy, and to do what's right. I don't know why or when it becomes hard to stand up for good, but I think most people get it right, but it doesn't make it easier. There's a lot of tough stuff out there, and we need to support each other to make it through. It's important, and that's what this is about. 

After a talk with my mom yesterday, I realized people need a lot more fun in their lives. If you're having trouble finding it, or recognizing that you need a laugh, let me help. Here's some random stuff that may just make you smile. C'mon, you know you wanna!

Silly joke from Comedy Central
Q. What does one penny say to the other penny?
A. Let's get together and make some cents. 

I set out to play golf with the intention of shooting my age, but I shot my weight instead.—Bob Hope

9 Funny Song Lyrics You Probably Have Wrong from HuffPost This takes me back to college when a friend of mine mixed up Bel Biv Devoe's Poison lyrics. She sang, no warbled "Spot 'em in a freezer full of fat" instead of the line: Yeah, Spiderman and Freeze in full effect. Cracked me up. 

When someone tells you something defies description, you can be pretty sure he's going to have a go at it anyway. 

9 Funny Words to Improve Your Vocabulary from Reader's Digest

Paradise Blogged Cartoon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...