Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Literary Drinking Games - Really?

I should be writing. Ok, I’m writing, but I should be writing something to advance my novel, or my next nonfiction article. Instead, I have noticed that when I’m procrastinating/stalling/tired/blocked/lazy, I find the oddest things to occupy my time. Case in point, I uncovered more than one recent article about Literary Drinking Games. Yes. You read it correctly. There are folks out there who are apparently in more trouble with their manuscripts than even me – I say in jest – writing about the bard and the booze.

Since it’s past noon on a workday, I figured a little imbibing in some literary fun might be just what’s needed to get through the rest of the day. It helped me because, as mentioned earlier, it got me writing. And it’s been a few days, so I’m happy to play along, even if I have no plans to hit the bottle anytime soon – although, my manuscript might look better with the old goggles as they say. Do they still say that? Anyway, please enjoy, try to be responsible, and get your work done first!

Drink 'Til He's Witty: The Reader's Drinking Game

http://jezebel.com/5603364/drink-til-hes-witty-the-readers-drinking-game

Drink What You Know (At least look at the graphic for this one)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/books/review/Nicholson-t.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Bernard+Devoto&st=cse

Literary Drinking Games

http://papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/06/literary-drinking-games/


1 comment:

  1. You just discovered this stuff now? We should have been imbibing long ago. Look at all the brain cells we missed killing off. I look to you to keep me up on all the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...