Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Don’t Know Jack

I’ve always liked the name Jack. It sounds strong, but approachable. At one time, I thought Jack would make a good boys name, but we went in another direction. I love the name we picked. It’s just that Jack is also a nice name.

At least that’s what I thought until my husband started calling our son Jack. It’s a playful nickname, but not for the reason you might think. The hubs really didn’t know how much I liked the name Jack, until now.

Occasionally, when he’s feeding, holding or playing with our son, my guy says, “What’s up, Jack?”

He says it because the kid is teething like a maniac. Our little one has teeth coming in everywhere. They’re partially in, hanging all over the place and when he smiles, so my husband says, he looks like a jack-o-lantern. Great.

Now, I can’t help but see it. Those baby teeth are right there staring back at me when he smiles, or talks, or even eats. Every once in a while, I see our adorable little boy and think a jack-o-lantern is smiling back. Frustrating, but true and so darn cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...