Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rock-tober

I've been waiting for fall to really kick in this year. Not sure why, but I have. These past few weeks I spent time with my family enjoying nature's transition. Around here, we've seen trees change colors and leaves falling with each bough-shaking gust. 

Football, drizzly mornings, homemade chili (see photos below) and work spent preparing for upcoming holidays and the deep freeze keep us hustling. And Halloween is only a week away!

In the writerly world, I'm busting out a novel. Yay! You may remember I mentioned getting published a couple of times and in this previous post. It's seriously exciting, and a lot of hard work! At this point, anything is possible!

I plan to share more about the project and the road to publication each week. There may even be a contest and giveaway. So, if you're interested in free stuff, please check back or subscribe to receive updates.

I'm excited about the book this month because a lot of my research and effort seems to be working. As a person who still loves the crack of a new book spine and the feel of holding a weighty page-turner, I planned (years ago) to publish in book form. Now that I've experienced how easy it is to purchase an e-book, and how convenient it is to take that book with me on a variety of mobile devices, I see it as good business sense to publish an electronic version as well. I welcome comments about good books, food,travel, publishing and more. 

Hot chili with cheese and a dollop of sour cream - Yum!

Jiffy corn muffins - double yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...