Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's early

Did you ever have a time when you wanted to go back to sleep, but you just couldn’t? This is one of those times. My brain turned on early this morning. I know it’s always on. But we’re talking interrupt you from a nice sleep at 5 o’clock early, and it’s Saturday.

I woke up to a not so quiet inside my head voice that told me, literally shouted at me, to get up and work. I couldn’t turn it off or down. I tried, but it kept interrupting my attempted snooze, Get up and write! Yeah, yeah, ah this pillow is nice (pulling the covers around me).

It broke in again, Spend a few moments of alone time with your husband, even though he’s busy with work e-mails. Workout or take a walk (yeah, right). Oh, write! Take the laundry that’s been in the back hall to the dry cleaners before it walks there on its own! Grocery list. E-mail. Sort, read and recycle that pile of magazines that’s nearly as tall as you kid now. Clean something, anything! Figure out your garden plan, buy planters and potting soil then get the box of plants mom sent last week in the ground before they die. And please, I beg you, do something to get that song “Down by the Bay” from the 102 Children’s Songs CD grandma sent out of our head already!

Yes, it’s been that kind of morning. The great part is that I’ve still got early morning kid-tivities before I can even think about doing most of those things. Why did I choose the early gymnastics class? I vaguely remember something about getting a jump on things and a reduced rate for the first class of the morning. Hmpf, amateur. Next time, I’ll spend the extra ten bucks so we can sleep in, or at least try.

The best thing I can do when it gets like this, if I have time, is to jot down a few notes. I’m taking a risk writing this before my first cup of coffee, but it’s already helping. My brain is quieting some. Now instead of “Down by the Bay” I have Train’s “Soul Sister” playing in my head. At least now it’s a different broken record.

Time for some coffee and a few quiet minutes (apart from my head). Enjoy your morning and your weekend!

SYOAS – See you online again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now that's just plain sad. I, on the other hand, was sleeping off a food coma from the night before. I went to a friend's house for dinner and I swear she literally had enough food for 20 people and there were just 4 of us! Okay, I didn't have to eat everything in sight but I had just come from work and I was hungry. Once I started I couldn't stop. Oh, and did I mention the adult beverages? Need I go on?

    As if that's not enough, off to another friend's house for a mutual friend's birthday lunch. Could she have served a nice salad, or possibly a simple sandwich? Oh no, let's keep the food coma going. She had fresh fruit, baked turkey tenderloin, gravy, hot bread, and a "to die for" orzo with cranberries and asparagus. Then, of course there was birthday cake from Home Bakery. It was a marble cake with chocolate mousse filling. Oh, and did I mention the adult beverages?! Dinner is going to be "skip-it" tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...