Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stormy Tuesday

Why is it inevitable that I forget to shower or to charge any household electronic device until there is a thunderstorm? Like people I know who get knee aches when rain approaches, I must have some sense that a storm is coming. Only, it’s not a good one. I forget to run my errands on sunny days. Yep, I’m the one lined up at the grocery after the storm starts. And usually end up white-knuckling my way home through holy terror with the necessities: diapers, chocolate and coffee. Although, I forgot, I need to get battery backup for the coffee maker. Do they even make that? If not, they should.

So, it’s storming. Thunder claps. I have yet to shower. The kid is upstairs rolling and kicking, or that could be more thunder. Chargers are charging. I hope we don’t need them for at least a few hours. Although, the Weather Channel forecasts the storm will pass through by then.

I’ll grab a chocolate egg and be back.

20 minutes, three lullabies and five eggs later…

Still charging. The storm calmed. Our little one has settled too. My anxiety is leveling off, perhaps a benefit of the candy break. Maybe we’ll be prepared when the next round of storms rolls through later. But, I’d better make some coffee and ration the chocolate until then just to be sure.


1 comment:

  1. Chocolate, coffee; who said caffine isn't calming on the nerves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...