Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Success or Mess: How old is too old? Resultszzzzz

I’m in day #2 of recovery from our midnight premiere of Eclipse. My friend and I went to the first showing of this Twilight Saga film, and we loved it.

It’s the experience of being there with tons of other Twi-hards, waiting to see what most of us already know – what happens with Bella, Edward and Jacob?

This movie delivered. There was plenty of conflict between the love interests, and tension leading up to a full-scale battle. Oh, there might have been some hot and heavy kissing and shirtless werewolves, but we all love it for the story, right? I have to say they did a good job of throwing in occasional humor about the teen angst, and balanced things out. If you enjoyed the books and the first two movies, you should go see this one.

I can’t remember the last time I was out that late/early – it felt like we owned the night, at least until my kid yelled at me to “wake up, mommy” four short hours after I got to bed that morning. I also wanted to be part of the phenomenon from more than just my comfy couch. That’s where I read all the Twilight Saga books, even the still unpublished Midnight Sun.

So, demonstrating ‘you’re only as old as you act’ was a success. But, since this girl is still recovering from the all-nighter, I would seriously consider the matinee next time. Maybe we’ll throw in a blue-plate special and get the full, early bird experience. Nah, we’re not that old, yet!

2 comments:

  1. Matinee, really? I'm already planning our next movie-going adventure. I've been searching the internet for advance ticket purchases for the next Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn Part 1. Mark your calendar; it comes out on November 18, 2011. Think of it as an early Thanksgiving present to ourselves. Maybe we should consider going to Argentina. The movie opens there on November 3. Do you think it will be shown in English with Spanish subtitles? Maybe we should brush up on our conversational Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh! No matinee, huh? Well, Argentina does sound better! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...