Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Leftovers Shmeftovers

I was really pressed for time last night. Dinner hadn’t been started when my husband walked in, our daughter was giving a cannibalistic eye to her teddy bear, and I was raising a shoe to bash out my frustration at our last-century fax machine. Home cooked meal? I would say no, except that a flash of an idea popped into my head early in the day, and if we didn’t follow-through our leftovers would become one with the earth again. I don’t like wasting food, but I could hardly stand to eat the same plain pork chops again. Since they were already cooked, I made a very quick maple-dijon sauce (from Cooking Light) and pulled together some veggies on the side. All of it was on the table in 20 minutes!

Even if you only have a few minutes, making a sauce or gravy to spice-up leftovers in your fridge can make a big difference. I’m telling you, it’s the way to go. Try it and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...