Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Reads Final Week - Guest Post Special!

As the summer season fades, our Summer Reads series enters its final week. But before we welcome fall in all its harvest glory, let’s finish this thing right.

This summer I posted all sorts of book suggestions and welcomed your feedback. There have been some great comments and e-mails, and my book list has grown exponentially. J Now, I am pleased to bring you a guest post from an avid reader and long-time friend. When I want to find something good to read or review, I call her…she always gives me the straight scoop. So, here is her first guest post for LITP. Welcome, Debbie!


First off, I’d like to thank Kristen for inviting me to be a guest on her blog. It is very kind of her and I’m delighted to be here.

I’d like chat about one of my favorite authors, David Rosenfelt. Now understand, I have a BOATLOAD of favorite authors, but David is near and dear to my heart as I discovered him (more or less) on my own, meaning, not recommended by a friend or relative. I was introduced to his work when Janet Evanovich sang his praises on a Good Morning America segment several years ago.

David has written a series of books that center around a main character, Andy Carpenter, a defense lawyer living in Paterson, New Jersey with his amazing golden retriever, Tara. Think Stephanie Plum with a legal degree. Not quite as zany, but definitely as entertaining. The reoccurring characters keep the books cohesive and familiar. Whenever I start a new book of David’s, I feel like I’m coming home to a wonderful, goofy family. Let me emphasize that in no way do these books have to be read in order. They all are totally stand-alone. The underlying theme throughout David’s books is dogs. As luck would have it, many times Andy is defending them or their owners.

I encourage you to take a look at David’s web site, www.davidrosenfelt.com and then grab one of his books, a comfy chair, a favorite beverage, and get ready to be transported to a world where there really is a good-guy to champion the “underdog!”

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely read David Rosenfelt's books following Debbie's review! I love dogs and a good story. My sister-in-law reads lots of "who dunnits" and I wonder why she hasn't recommended these to me yet! I enjoyed David's video too...definitely a man after my own heart. Debbie is a good reviewer...where was she when I had to write book reports in school ('could've used her expertise!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...