Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Reads - Book and TV series

Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen

If you haven’t read this author yet, you might want to start. Gerritsen continues the series featuring a detective (Jane Rizzoli) and a medical examiner (Maura Isles) from Boston. A ski trip leaves Isles and her friends stranded in Kingdom Come, a secluded town with dark secrets. And the plot twists promise to keep things suspenseful.

You can read a full review at Publishers Weekly.

Also notable: TNT is set to launch a new show, ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ based on this series July 12. That’s in two weeks in the 10 o’clock spot.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this author. I'm really looking forward to the series. I was a little surprised that Sasha Alexander is playing one of the leading characters as the reason she gave when she left NCIS was that playing a major character on a weekly TV show was just too exhausting. Makes me wonder if there were other reasons she left the show. Personally, I like the Ziva David character better. There are much better story lines with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to the series too. I'm not sure about the politics, but there are some NCIS fan sites that have an opinion about it. We'll have to see about how this all works out - Monday night is starting to pile us with 10pm shows, and I wonder if they'll keep this a summer series, or try to shuffle it around as well as The Closer. We'll have to see :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...