Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Reads

If you devoured the Twilight Saga and still want more, try The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella. The story is said to chronicle the life of newborn vampire Bree Tanner who appears in Eclipse.

Stephenie Meyer explains how the book was written and published on her website. Here is an excerpt: “This story was something that I worked on off and on for a while, just for fun, in between the times I was writing or editing other Twilight novels. Later, when the concept for The Twilight Saga: The Official Guide came up, I thought that might be a good place for Bree. Her story is a nice complement to Eclipse; it explains a lot of the things that Bella never knew.”

An interesting bonus is that one dollar from every book sold gets donated to the American Red Cross.

I get chills just thinking about a new point of view for this series. If you’ve read Midnight Sun, you know what I mean. If not, it’s a good time to sink your teeth into the saga Oprah calls a “worldwide phenomenon.”

SYOAS!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of Midnight Sun (Edward's version of Twilight, right his thoughts) and enjoy the twilight series but skipped over Eclipse to get to Breaking Dawn! So I have no clue who Bree Tanner is but the movie's out.. so I will probably have to add another book to the list! Thanks for the update, KG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I recommend reading Eclipse. Since you've read the rest, it's worth it. There is some good action and Bella/Edward/Jacob twists. My impression of the Bree Tanner book is that it helps shed light on the newborn vampire culture and maybe allows us to sympathize a little more with them - I can't say too much more or I might spoil it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...