Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Let’s Tear Down! – Day #2

Last night I went to get a snack and realized we can only access the fridge…Okay, so I had a yogurt (not bad) even though I really wanted cereal. No biggie. But, this morning when we got up and wanted breakfast, well that was it. We needed a plan or the plastic around the pantry was going down. So after we ate fast food for breakfast, I felt much better. The urge to take a baseball bat to the room before we finished eased up. At least a little. We’re being extra cautious during this tear down and installation, so I shouldn’t complain. Even though I really want to. It’s smart because of our little one and the one on the way. It’s just obvious that all the build up to this point has taken time, and now that we’re beginning, it feels like it’s been forever since we started so we just want it finished!

At least I could enjoy a dance class with my little one this morning – before the pre-lunch breakdown we both had about toys, tempers and food. Thank goodness there was leftover soup in the fridge (and cookies) because, if I had to make one more stop she would have lost it, I would have lost it, and we’d have never made it home. Ah, the joys of home improvement!

So, we made it through lunch, the little one is resting, dad is working and I’m about to run yet another errand for something that isn’t fun like books or clothes. But, we’re doing it to help get through this project, which should be finished in just a few more days.  Excruciating. Maybe someday, we’ll look back at all this and laugh – or maybe we’ll just forget the whole thing and move on. Either way, I know we’ve started, I know it will end (I hope), and we just have to help each other get through it and realize we’ll be glad we did this before the baby comes…


“Are we there yet?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...