Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Potato Soup & The Big Mess

The third soup I made was a creamy and indulgent potato soup. I used a little more bacon than originally planned, and maybe a little more cream, but the flavors blended so well we polished it all off in just a couple days. The best part was dunking in fresh bread and sopping up all the goodness. 


The soups, so far, are part of the success. But, the home project is really a mess with plenty of stress. As it stands, we are in week two of the project that just doesn’t seem to have an end. I am so ready for this to be over so we can move freely through the house, and get the kitchen table out of the office – where we cram ourselves each day in an attempt at a real family meal.
At least the soup was finished before the construction so I could report it now. I’m not sure what soup, if any, will get made this week. Would you settle for a take-out soup teaser? Yeah, me either. We may just have to put off soups and stews until I can use the kitchen again.
Are we done yet? Humph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...