Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

On food and writing

Want to know a good cure for a dreary day? Besides chocolate? A really good soup. Topped with crunchy croutons or served with bread, of course. I made a Roasted Potato and Leek Soup last night and it was so good. This was a rich, creamy soup. The kind that melts the grumps inside and out…ahh, mmm, yum! When I get the recipe completely nailed down I’ll post it.

I was also glad to have time enough to curl up and finish a certain series that kept me on edge since I started reading it. I tell you, great books and food can really help kick things into gear. At least it works for me.

While I pined for the conclusion I had hoped for in this particular book, I decided that if I didn’t like it, I would write my own. That made me realize, I have really struggled with motivation this winter.

It’s hard to stay inspired when there is enough work in an already crazy life. Whether you depend on what you write for income or not, the written word is everywhere. We stay in touch through e-mails, posts, tweets and other online media. If you also have to deal with business or book proposals, articles, case studies, queries and more to stay in business, you might be all written out before you get a chance to do it for fun.

Remembering that I do find writing fun can help me regain some momentum. At least, it’s a starting point. But, if you are like me and need extra help, try talking with others. Sometimes we get so focused on one thing that we lose sight of the big picture. A co-worker, mentor, family member or friend might help put things in a different perspective. It could be just enough that you get past a stumbling block and back on the road to doing what you love.

SYOAS - See you online again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...