Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Taking the Plunge – a little background

I write, therefore I blog.

I started a family web site and blog when our daughter arrived a few years ago. I felt there were so many things to record and do as new parents. I started to look at the world differently. My experience helped me realize there is a lot to say about life and love, so I kept writing.

I learned that babies are sweet little miracles. The downside, they make huge messes, deprive you of sleep and sanity and wreak havoc on your relationships. My husband and I worked to keep our baby safe and happy – loving her, feeding her, sterilizing umpteen BPA/phalate-free bottles, changing toxic diapers and sneaking quietly through the house while she slept. Our baby was growing and happy, but I thought there had to be more to life than just one grind. I realized that it was time for a change.

I picked up a book and started reading. Now we read each evening, even a couple pages, before passing out from exhaustion. We implemented a regular date night and started talking like adults again. Writing helped, I even submitted my first script, but I needed specific goals. One of those goals was to start a more accessible blog. I love you ma, but you’re not my only reader (fingers crossed). It’s important that in this fast-paced life, we take time to enjoy the really good stuff. This blog will share ideas and some of our great moments that may encourage you to find your own – with family and friends, in city or country.

Here’s to the pursuit of life’s best!

SYOAS – see you online again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...